- G1: Cell grows (duplicates organelles).
- S: Cell grows and copies chromosomes.
- G2: Cell grows and completes preparation for cell division, centrosomes form.
- Chromosomes condense.
- Spindle begins to form.
- Centrosomes move away from each other.
- Chromosomes align at the metaphase plate in the center of the cell.
- Chromosomes are cleaved and pulled apart by microtubules.
- Cell elongates.
- Nuclei/nuclear envelopes form in separate cells.
- Chromosomes relax.
- Cytokinesis: Division of the cytoplasm at the cleavage furrow.