Isaiah 40:28 - 31
- Have you not known? Have you not heard?
- The Lord is jthe everlasting God,
- the Creator of the ends of the earth.
- He does not faint or grow weary;
- khis understanding is unsearchable.
- 29 He gives power to the faint,
- and to him who has no might he increases strength.
- 30 Even youths shall faint and be weary,
- and young men shall fall exhausted;
- 31 but lthey who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
- they shall mount up with wings mlike eagles;
- they shall run and not be weary;
- they shall walk and not faint.
Romans 8: 35 -39
- 35 Who
- shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or
- distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36 As it is written,
- w“For your sake xwe are being killed all the day long;
- we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”
- 37 No, in all these things we are more than yconquerors through zhim who loved us. 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor
- height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to
- separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The works of the flesh? Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now bthe works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, cdivisions, 21 envy,Some manuscripts add murder">4 drunkenness, orgies, and things like these
The works of the Spirit? Galatians 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.