- consumer's inspection possible
- should the dealer have inspected the car first and then sold it under an honest description of its problems
- And what's too long of a trial period?
- Do the buyer/seller have some responsibility?
- Value-oriented framework, analyzing ethical problems on the basis of the values which they infringe (e.g. honesty, autonomy, privacy, transparency).
- Stakeholder-oriented framework, analyzing ethical problems on the basis of whom they affect (e.g. consumers, competitors, society as a whole).
- Process-oriented framework, analyzing ethical problems in terms of the categories used by marketing specialists (e.g. research, price, promotion, placement).
- business implication
- future implications
- assumption in the unethical behavior(always adversarial? cooperative relationship possible?)
- possible benefits of the apparent unethical behavior
- any victims
- other people do it as well(kant)
- does little changes makes a difference?does being in this particular situation justify for the action... is just as unethical as...(counter)
'The arguments stated above accounting for the moral wrongness are based on the utilitarian consideration about the undesirable consequences of advertising, that is, harming the consumers, competitors and the society as a whole. '
ethical principles-golden rule
Those who practice deceptive advertisement violate the Golden Rule. They, themselves are also consumers and are not willing to have others deceive them in the market place or base their own economic decisions on false beliefs.
ethical principles-legal approach
Laws regarding the prohibition of deceptive advertising are, indeed, implications that deceptive advertising is wrong.
ethical principles-universal approach
If deception in advertising were a universal practice, no one would trust advertising and no one could gain an advantage by means of deceptive advertising . Hence using the universal ethics approach deceptive advertising is unethical
though a range solutions to privacy problem, none offers sufficient protection