- Not any test will do
- Get the most recent version
- Match test to child’s needs
- Test comprehension & expression
- Understand the testing conventions
- Learn accurate basal & ceiling
- Test the appropriate age range
- Ensure the child understands the instructions
- Watch for fatigue
- Minimize distractions
- Offer choice of activities/tests
If you have a 14 year old speaking like a 3 year old then you can’t just use the 3 year old test, you have to use the 14 year old test.
Kids can wipe out on a ST just by not understanding the instructions.