What is the numonic to remember the 12 names of the cranial nerves
Oh Oh OH to touch and feel very good velvet and hair.
what is the numonic to remember the 12 cranial nerves and their functions
s= sensory M=motor B=both
some say marry money but my brother says big brains matters most.
OH! / Some
Olfactory nerve/bulb: smell
Oh! / Say
Optic Nerve: vision
OH! / marry
Ocolomotor Nerve: 4/6 eye muscles, eyeball position, and sixze of pupil (parasympathetic component)
To / Money
Trochlear: 1 muscle for eyeball
Touch / but
- Trigeminal: MOtor: chewing muscle.
- sensory: opthalamic, maxillary, mandibular regions
and / my
abducens: abduct eyeball
The 3 nerves that work together to prevent double vision
Oculomotor, trochlear, abducens nerves
feel / brother
- facial: parasympathetic component to salivary glands (submandibular). Motor: muscles for facial expressions
- Sensory: from anterior 2/3 of tongue
Very / says
vestibulocochlear: hearing and balance
Good / Big
- Glossopharyngeal: innervates structures of the tongue and pharynx .
- Motor: to pharyngeal muscles
- sensory: posterior 1/3 of tongue
Velvet / brains
- Vagus: parasympathetic components to organs of thoracic and abdominal cavities.
- Motor: muscles of pharynx and larynx
- Sensory: from muscles of pharynx and larynx to taste from epiglottis
And / matters
Accessory: to trapezius and sternocleomastoid
Hypoglossal: runs inferior to the tongue, moves tongue