What is system analysis?
requirements analysis or operations research that are used to help an end user make a better decision.
What are 10 rules for successful requirements?
1. Don't assume you know what the customer wants, ask.
2. Involve the users from the start.
3. Define and agree the scope of the project.
4. Ensure requirements are specific, realistic and measurable.
5. Gain clarity if there is any doubt.
6. Create a clear, concise and thorough requirements document and share it with the customer.
7. Confirm your understanding of the requirements with the customer (play them back).
8. Avoid talking technology or solutions until the requirements are fully understood.
9. Get the requirements agreed with the stakeholders before the project starts.
10. Create a prototype if necessary to confirm or refine the customers' requirements
What is change management?
Change management is an approach to shifting/transitioning individuals, teams, and organizations from a current state to a desired future state. It is an organizational process aimed at helping change stakeholders to accept and embrace changes in their business environment. In some project management contexts, change management refers to a project management process wherein changes to a project are formally introduced and approved
What is release management?
Release management is a software engineering process intended to oversee the development, testing, deployment and support of software releases. The practice of release management combines the general business emphasis of traditional project management with a detailed technical knowledge of the systems development lifecycle (SDLC) and IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) practices.
What is Business Process Management?
Business process management (BPM) is a systematic approach to making an organization's workflow more effective, more efficient and more capable of adapting to an ever-changing environment. A business process is an activity or set of activities that will accomplish a specific organizational goal.The goal of BPM is to reduce human error and miscommunication and focus stakeholders on the requirements of their roles. BPM is a subset of infrastructure management, an administrative area concerned with maintaining and optimizing an organization's equipment and core operations.
What is Quality Assurance?
In developing products and services, quality assurance is any systematic process of checking to see whether a product or service being developed is meeting specified requirements. Many companies have a separate department devoted to quality assurance. A quality assurance system is said to increase customer confidence and a company's credibility, to improve work processes and efficiency, and to enable a company to better compete with others. Quality assurance was initially introduced in World War II when munitions were inspected and tested for defects after they were made. Today's quality assurance systems emphasize catching defects before they get into the final product.
What is Systems Architecture?
- The term system architecture is used to describe the overall design and structure of a computer network or system. As information technology has expanded to include a wide range of physical devices, a method is required to organize and connect these items together in a cohesive manner. The term is also used to describe complex computer software tools that include multiple modules.There are four main components to any system architecture: processing power, storage, connectivity, and user experience. The complexity of the system varies widely and is dependent upon user needs, business requirements, funding, and resource availability. It is important to note that system architecture must be flexible and able to meet changing needs quickly. A structure that is too rigid will not be able to accommodate new software or
What is CASE Management and some of the tools used for it?
CASE (Computer-Aided Software Engineering) ToolsEditCASE (Computer-Aided Software Engineering) packages are software packages that include many tools that can be helpful when it comes to database design. The main goal of these packages is to give designers a way of representing systems that are too complex to understand in their source code or schema-based forms. They help automate software development and maintenance tasks and usually contain tools for system analysis, project management, and design. Uses in DatabasesEditCASE tools can serve many functions in database design, including: Collecting and analyzing data Designing a data model Feasibility analysis Requirements definition Implementing the database Prototyping Data conversion Generating application code Generating reports Programming and testing Maintenance
What is Business Requirements Documentation?
Many businesses have a process in place to assist with project management and implementation. One opportunity for improvement involves making reasonable estimates of how big a project is and how much it is going to cost. There are many different names for tools used with this process: business needs specification, requirements specification or, simply, business requirements. Business requirements are the critical activities of an enterprise that must be performed to meet the organizational objective(s) while remaining solution independent.A business requirements document (BRD) details the business solution for a project including the documentation of customer needs and expectations. If an initiative intends to modify existing (or introduce new) hardware/software, a new BRD should be created. The BRD process can be incorporated within a Six Sigma DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) culture.The most common objectives of the BRD are:To gain agreement with stakeholdersTo provide a foundation to communicate to a technology service provider what the solution needs to do to satisfy the customer’s and business’ needsTo provide input into the next phase for this projectTo describe what not how the customer/business needs will be met by the solutionThe BRD is important because it is the foundation for all subsequent project deliverables, describing what inputs and outputs are associated with each process function. The process function delivers CTQs (critical to quality). CTQs deliver the voice of customer (VOC). The BRD describes what the system would look like from a business perspective.
What is Software Quality Testing?
Software quality is the degree of conformance to explicit or implicit requirements and expectations.Explanation:Explicit: clearly defined and documentedImplicit: not clearly defined and documented but indirectly suggestedRequirements: business/product/software requirementsExpectations: mainly end-user expectations
What is JSP?
Java Server Pages
What is TFS?
Team Foundation Server
Who makes Quality Center?
What is TOAD affiliated with?
What is Loadrunner?
It's a testing tool.
What is QTP?
It's a testing tool.
What is ERP?
Enterprise Resource Planning.
What is a test case?
What is a JAD?
Joint Application Design
What is an EDI?
Electronic Data Interchange
What is User Acceptance Testing?
User Acceptance Testing (UAT) - also called beta testing, application testing, and/or end user testing - is a phase of software development in which the software is tested in the "real world" by the intended audience or a business representative. Whilst the technical testing of IT systems is a highly professional and exhaustive process, testing of business functionality is an entirely different proposition.
What are the 7 basic tasks of User Acceptance Testing?
- 1 – Analyze Business Requirements
- 2 – Identify UAT Scenarios
- 3 – Define the UAT Test Plan
- 4 – Create UAT Test Cases
- 5 – Run the Tests
- 6 – Record the Results
- 7 – Confirm Business Objectives are met
What are the three deliverables the BA gets from UAT?
- UAT Test Plan-
- UAT Test Cases-
- After running the tests, a Defect Log captures problems
What is a UAT defect log?
- The UAT Defect Logis a document for capturing and reporting defects identified during UAT. Defects are documented so that they can be evaluated and resolved.Information included in the Defect Log is: -
- Severity (e.g., High, Med, Low)-
- Status (e.g., Open, Closed, Deferred)- Date Reported/Fixed-
- Problem Description
What is the central purposefor systems analysis?
The central purpose of systems analysis is to help private decision makers and public policymakers resolve the problems that they face in the short, medium, and long term.