What are the minimum hardware requirements for upgrading a system to OS X Lion?
• A Mac with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor 2GB of memory
• Mac OS X v10.6.6 or later (v10.6.8 recommended)
• 7GB of available disk space
• Some features require an Apple ID; terms apply
• Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply
What seven preparation steps must you take before upgrading a system to Lion?
• plug portable Macs into main power
• Use Apple Software Update
• Check for firmware updates
• Verify application compatibility
• Back up important files and folders
• Document critical settings
• Keep up to date by visiting Apple's Lion support website.
How can you identify whether a Mac requires a firmware update?
You can identify a Mac firmware version by opening the full system report in the System Information application. You can verify whether a Mac firmware is up to date by visiting Apple's support website to see a list of available firmware updates.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a single partition drive with Mac OS X? What about a multiple partition drive?
Single-partition drives are easier to set up initially, but they aren't as flexible for administration and maintenance. Multiple-partition drives require repartitioning during setup but provide several separate partitions, which can be used to segregate user data and host multiple operating systems.
What utilities are available when a Mac starts up from Lion Recovery?
The Lion Recovery system provides access to Restore System From Time Machine Backup, Reinstall Mac OS X, Get Help Online via Safari, Disk Utility, Startup Disk, Firmware Password Utility, Terminal, Reset Password, System Information, and Network Utility.