Corsini "rosso Matot" Langhe
Tart, Cranberry, Matot is noted for its supple body and its elegant perfumes. which can include scents of over-ripe cherries, blackberries, and, ripe plum.
good for rich spicy foods. stewed meats and pastas.
Info on Langhe
Langhe is the hilly sub-region around the Piedmont town of Asti, its name being the plural form of langa, the local word for a hill. Since its introduction in November 1994, the Langhe DOC has gained considerable repute for its innovative viticulture and use of international varieties (Cabernet Sauvignon and Sauvignon Blanc are prime examples). The creativity this affords the local winemakers has led to a new generation of high-quality wines, many comparable to the prestigious 'Super Tuscans' from Tuscany.
Boroli "quattro Fratelli" Barbera d'Alba 2009
Wine produced with Barbera grapes. The colour is very intense, ruby red. On the nose it offers aromas of ripe forest fruits and undertones of vanilla while on the palate this wine is close-texture, mouth-filling with aromas of ripe raspberries and blackberries.There is a nice balance of acidity alcohol and tannins followed by a long-appealing finish. It is ideal for a long period of ageing; matured in cask for 6 months and refined in bottle for 6 months.
Massolino Barbera d'Alba 2010
The classic barbera is a deep ruby red color. It has fragrances of fresh flowers and berries. On the palate, it is well balanced, with great berry flavors and has a persistent finish.The 2010 Barbera d’Alba emerges from the glass with attractive red fruit and freshly cut flowers. It is an attractive, tasty Barbera to enjoy in its vinous youth.
Info on the Barbera grape
- Barbera is a dark-skinned red grape variety.
- Being naturally high in acidity, Barbera can be grown in warmer climates without producing overblown, flat wines.
- When young, most Barbera wines have a bright-red cherry character, distinguished from Nebbiolo, by softertannins and a certain roundness.
Barbera d'Asti La Crena 2008
Rich ruby purple color with concentrated ripe aromas of red raspberry and cherry with a touch of vanilla, toast and spice. On the richer side of Barbera with lush fruit, well balanced acidity, good integration of oak and a long lingering finish.
Corino Nebbiolo Langhe 2009
Light ruby red with a very fruity nose. Bright red fruits, currants and cranberries with a very soft, supple texture.
Cascina Roccalini Barbaresco 2008
True Nebbiolo character comes through in bright color, vivid fruit, perfume of violets and tar. Stunning balance of richness and delicacy. Very long finish, refreshing yet complex.
Mirafoiore barolo 2007
- Surprisingly good, with interesting Nebbiolo nose and good structure. Somewhat dry and tannic, but similar to many nebbiolos that never resolve all the tannins. Breathing one to two hours is helpful to this wine.
- red cherries, licorice, rose petals and spices round out the supple finish.