- 1. The state of being in debt
- 2. Money that is owed and has not been payed on time; overdue debt
- A witty saying or expression
- Ex: His epigrams confused his opponents so much that they gave up without a struggle.
- Adherance to the truth; truthfulness
- Ex: His veracity made him a friend that was able to be trusted.
- Given to begging; a beggar
- Ex.He often took pity on the mendicants on the street and gave them spare change.
- 1. From side to side; across
- 2. So as to thwart, obstruct, or oppose; perversly
- Never ending or changing
- Ex: The perpetual effects of 911 are still extant in society to this day.
- To cause to prevail
- Ex: The politician perpetuated his idea of a perfect nation.
Delegate (v) (n)
- (v) 1. To transfer power to someone or to give them a task
- Ex: I delegated my brother with the task of fetching the siscors downstairs.
- (n) 2. A representative to which the above was given
An open structure used as an advertisement stand or a market booth
- 1. To annoy
- 2. To cause to inflame, to fester
An accumulation of debris left by a glacier
Potter (v) (Putter)
- 1. To waste time idling
- 2. To occupy oneself in an ineffective manner
Without principles or morals
- Unshackled, free, unrestrained, etc.
- Ex: His unfettered enthusiasm was contagious, and soon we were all laughing like children.
- Comtemplation of things in the past
- Ex: In retrospect, people had often made mistakes when their "moment" was in session.
A person punished for the acts of someone else
- 1. The untanned hides of a small or young animal(ex. a calf)
- 2. A nap
- 3. A unit of measurement that is half of a ton, ie. 1000lbs.
- 1. Primitive or uncivilized
- 2. Able or disposed to inflict pain or suffering
- Ex: His barbarous remarks did little to demoralize the team members.
- A system of words used to name things in a particular discipline; terminology
- Ex: I did not have the time to listen to his nomenclature, so I told him to cut to the chase.
- 1. The act of conceding; acknowledgement
- 2. A business
- 3. A grant of land from the government for the promise that the land will be used for a specific purpose