What does Transformational Learning refer to in the spiritual coaching paradigm? (3)
- The process utilized to empower the client to transform themselves or their behavior in order to accomplish an intended or desired outcome.
- The process of reinventing the client's self image, how the client thinks, what the client believes and how the client behaves.
- It means changing what you see, how you be and how you live.
What does Transformational Learning require? (2)
- Identification and releasing of out-dated, unproductive habits of thought and behavior.
- Learning and implementation of new patterns of thought and behavior.
What are the essential characteristics of Transformational Learning? (6)
- Process for transforming personal frames of reference.
- Opportunity to update and upgrade self image.
- Process for enhancing productivity.
- Facilitates and supports taking effective action.
- Eliminates the mismatch between intentions and behaviors.
- Activates commitment and responsibility.
What are the three approaches to Transformational Learning?
- Triple Loop: Alter context out of which clients make self-defining choices.
- Double Loop: Do different things.
- Single Loop: Improvement practices; do what they are already doing better.
What are the essential characteristics of Triple Loop Learning? (4)
- When the beliefs held no longer serve the individual or their desires, they must be totally transformed.
- Transform who the client is in terms of beliefs, values and desires.
- The client is required to grow, heal, and learn about who they are and how they behave in order to realize the desired outcome.
- Create a shift in people's context or point of view about themselves.
What are the essential characteristics of the Double Loop Learning? (4)
- Transform what the client does.
- Learning to do something fundamentally different.
- The client is required to re-create their patterns of thought and behavior in order to realize the desired outcome.
- Requires a change in their frame of reference.
What are the characteristics of Single Loop Learning? (5)
- Transform how the client does it.Focus on how to do it rather than what to do.
- Improve current practices; do what they are already doing better.
- The client must learn to take small incremental steps of both old and new behavior in order to realize the desired outcome.
- Helping people embody new skills and capabilities through incremental improvement.