What is the mission of Civil Affairs forces?
To engage and influence the civilian populace.
What acronym is used to gether atmospherics?
What are the characteristics of Civil-Military Operations?
- Inherently Joint
- Using: political bargaining, collaboration, consensus, relationship-building
What are the CA methodology steps?
- Develop & Detect
- Additional: Transition
What are the information gathering steps?
- Determine what to gather
- Determine the most likely source
- Prepare questions
- Engage the source
- Compile results
- Report results
Who is the CA officer?
The S-9. When there is no S-9, it falls to the S-3.
What are the three types of data acquisition assets?
What are the two types of Assessment?
- Preliminary (starts immediately upon receipt of orders)
- Deliberate (starts after preliminary is complete)
- Assessment uses ASCOPE
What are the CA Core Tasks?
All performed against the following institutions: Political, Economic, Social, Cultural
What are the CA Activities?
- Populace & Resources Control
- Foreign Humanitarian Assistance
- Nation Assistance
- Civil Information Management
- Support to Civil Administration
What are the Functions of Finance?
- Resources Management
- Finance Support
What are the Aspects of Finance?