Dosage for Epinephrine?
Dosage via IV/IO, IM, Sub-Q, SVN, or ETT
- Cardiac arrest, all rhythms (for dead people)Epi 1mg of 1:10,000 IV push with 20cc NS flush q 3-5 minutes, no limit
- ETT route Epi 2mg of 1:1,000 diluted in syringe with 8cc
- Anaphylaxis, Refractory bronchospasm
- Epi 0.3mg of 1:1,000 IM
- Infusion for hypotension
- Epi 1, 2, or 4mg 1:1,000 added to 250cc NS at 2-10mcg/min
- Use after other treatment
Dosage for Verapamil?
All doses are VERY slow IV push over 2-5 minutes with the patient supine
Verapamil 2.5-5.0mg VERY slow IV push over 2-5 minutes. May repeat in 15-30 minutes with 5-10mg
Adult Dosage with Aspirin:
Cardiac: 325 (4 x 81mg pediatric chewable tabs), chew or swallow
Not indicated for prehospital
Dosage for Adenosine?
All dosage VERY rapid IV push over 1-3 seconds followed by 20cc NS flush with patient supine.
16 or 18 guage in the AC
Use injection port closest to hub
Have ECG printing during administration
6mg rapid IV push with 20cc NS flush. May repeat twice every two minutes wtih 12 mg
Dosage for Lidocaine?
IV push, ETT, or infusion
1.0 - 1.5mg/kg IV push
Every 5-10 minutes at 1/2 original dose up to 3mg/kg max
If successful - infusion at 2-4mg/min by adding 1gm to 250cc NS
Cardiac arrest - 20cc NS flush after giving
ETT dose - double IV dose
Dosage for Atropine?
All Dosages are IV Push or ETT - FAST
Atrial mechanisms only
Atropine 0.5mg IV Push - q 5 min - max 0.04mg/kg
Acetylcholinestrase inhibitor poisoning
Atropine 2.0 - 5.0 mg IV Push - q 5 min - until symptoms resolved
Dosage for Dopamine?
MOA depends upon dosageDopamine dose 1-2mcg/kg/min Activates dopamine receptors causing cerebral, renal, mesenteric vasodilation May increase urine output May drop BPBeta-1 Dose 2-10mcg/kg/min Activates Beta-1 receptors stimulates heart increasing cardiac output & BP Postive inotrope Positive chronotrope Postivite dropmotropeAlpha-1 dose 10-20mcg/kg/min Activates Alpha-1 receptors causing renal, mesenteric, & peripheral vasoconstriction Increases PVR increases BP Increased Preload >20mcg/kg/min similar to norepi with massive vasoconstriction
All doses via IV infusion
Add 400mcg to 250cc NS bag giving 1600mcg/cc
Symptomatic bradycardia with hypostension &/or non-hypovolemic shock
- Dopamine 5mcg/kg/min initial infusion, increase if no repsonse
Doseage for Glucagon?
All hytpoglycemic doses are IM. Other indications may be given IV.
- Glucagon 1mg IM
- Smooth muscle relaxant/Beta-blocker OD
- Per agency or patch with medical control
Dosage for Pitocin?
All dosages via IV infusion or IM
- Pitocin 10 units added to 10000cc LR infused at rate necessary to control bleeding