who wrote, "Sonnys Blues"?
James Arthur Baldwin
what makes Sonny, "Christ-like"?
him willing to lay his life/burden down, in hopes that his audience will be blessed by his reflective/sometimes disturbing music
- almost even seems heroic.
Elements of a Story
- 1. plot --
- 2. action--
- 3. exposition>> intro of characters/setting, and often destablishes history--sets off a new course of events
- 4. rising action>> intro of a new course of events
- 5. turning point>> decisions/realizations/flashbacks
- 6. falling point>> Reverse movements
- 7. denouncement > conclusion