onset, location, duration, characterize, associating factors, relieving factors, temporal, severity
Format of medical history
PS Format for Children Health Review (PSFCHR)
- Past medical hisory,
- social history,
- family history,
- chief complaint,
- history of present illness,
- review of systems
Family can be biologic or ___?
- family tree (pedigree) that shows important characteristics of family, relatives
married couples without children....married couples with young ones...married couple with teenagers....aging family
A family is more than the sum of its parts because it is a?
Systems (families) have roles, rules...if things change, there is a pull from the system to not change
Circumplex model (communication, cohesion, flexibility)
Outcomes of involving family?
- fewer medical errors,
- fewer legal actions,
- greater patient satisification,
- greater prognosis
Five family oriented questions to ask as primary care physician
- 1. has anyone else in family had this problem
- 2. what do family members believe caused the problem
- 3. who in family is most concerned
- 4. any recent changes in your life (Stress)
- 5. how can you family/friends be helpful at this stage
Four core concepts of patient and family centered care?
- Dignity and Respect
- Information sharing