Airways below 18,000MSL:
Airways above 18,000MSL:
Victor airway dimensions
- 8NM wide (4NM each side of centerline)
- 1,200AGL - 17,999MSL
Noncompulsory reporting points ID by:
Compulsory reporting points ID by:
- Open triangle
- Solid triangle
What does MOCA stand for?
What does MEA stand for?
What's the difference?
- Minimum Obstruction Clearance Altitude
- Minimum Enroute Altitude (1,000ft clearance 2,000ft in mts)
- MOCA ensures nav signal within 22 miles from facility
- MEA ensures nav signal for entire route
What does MAA stand for?
- Maximum Authorized Altitude
- Guarantees reception of one VOR signal at a time
What does MRA stand for?
Minimum Reception Altitude
What does MCA stand for?
Minimum Crossing Altitude
What does COP stand for?
When should you start making enroute position reports?
When ATC advises "radar service terminated"
What should enroute position reports include?
- Next reporting point
IFR cruising altitudes
0 - 179 odd thousand-foot MSL altitude
What is RVSM?
- Reduced Vertical Separation Minimums
- (between FL290 and FL410 separation by 1,000ft vertically
- So you arrive in approach control's airspace at appropriate altitude.
- May start descent whenever, level off, may request to avoid icing