What is a GDP?
- Gross domestic product
- Average standard of livingHow much countries are producing
What is a GNP?
- Gross national product
- How much countries are producing
What is a tiger/dragon economy and give 3 examples?
- Rapid rising economy
- China, south korea, singapore, india, hong kong, taiwan
What makes the GDP?
Agriculture, industry, services
What is a economy?
Production, distribution, and use of money/ income and wealth
What is a subsistence?
A way of living where the people survive on what they themselves (or as a group) can produce
What are the main religions in the asia pacific region?
Define the word foreign aid
Aid given to a nation by another for purposes of relief and rehabilitation, for economic stabilization and mutual defense
Define the word economy
Production, distribution and use of money/income and wealth
Define the word population explosion
Rapid increase in numbers of a particular species
Define the word APEC
Asia- pacific economic cooperation
What are the 5 types of aids and give brief explanation
- Food aid- food given to countries in urgent need of food supplies, especially in experienced natural disaster.
- Technical assistance-educated personnel
- e.g. doctors moved into developing country to assist with education
- Project aid-specific purpose of aid
- e.g. building materials for new school
- Programme aid-aid given for specific sector
- e.g. funding for education sector
- Budget support-form of programme aid that is directly channelled into the financial system of the recipient country.