Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. But
- John tried to deter him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do
- you come to me?" Jesus replied, "Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do
- this to fulfill all righteousness." Then John consented. As soon as Jesus was baptized,
- he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of
- God descending like a dove andlighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my
- Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."
- "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of
- In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good
- deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
- But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who
- is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward
- "This, then, is how you should pray: "'Our Father in heaven,
- hallowed be your name,
- But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will
- be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for
- tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
- Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather,
- be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not
- two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground
- apart from the will of your Father.
- And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid;
- you are worth more than many sparrows.
- But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the
- wheat, and went away.
- Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the
- harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned;
- then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.'"
- They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and
- gnashing of teeth.
- For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels,
- and then he will reward each person according to what he has done
- He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if
- you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain,
- 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for
- For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with
"So the last will be first, and the first will be last."
- And this Gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a
- testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
- "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to
- eternal life."
- Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth
- has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,
- baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy
- Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And
- surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
- For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give
- his life as a ransom for many."
- He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all
- creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does
- not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe:
- In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will
- pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them
- at all;they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get
And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.
- But the time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them; in those
- days they will fast."
- Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny
- himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to
- save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it.
- What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit
- his very self?
- One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his
- disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his
- If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children,
- how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who
- ask him!"
- I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one
- sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to
- repent. "Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does
- she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds
- it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says,
- 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.' In the same way, I tell you,
- there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
- Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the
- right to become children of God
- "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that
- whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
- the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the
- Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and
- in truth."
- "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent
- me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death
- to life.
- "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you
- must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my
- disciples, if you love one another."
- And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with
- you forever- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it
- neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and
- will be in you.
- If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it
- will be given you.
- You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear
- fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in
- my name.
- But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He
- will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell
- you what is yet to come.
- I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am
- coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name-the name
- you gave me-so that they may be one as we are one.
- They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify them by the
- truth; your word is truth.
- For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the
- Holy Spirit."
- But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be
- my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of
- the earth."
- Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than
- While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said,
- "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called
- He listened to Paul as he was speaking. Paul looked directly at him, saw that
- he had faith to be healed
- When she and the members of her household were baptized, she invited us to
- her home. "If you consider me a believer in the Lord," she said,
- "come and stay at my house." And she persuaded us.
So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.
- I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the
- salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
- Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was
- strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded
- that God had power to do what he had promised.
- Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God
- through our Lord Jesus Christ,
- Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that
- suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character,
- hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our
- hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
- But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still
- sinners, Christ died for us.
- We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that,
- just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we
- too may live a new life.
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ
- Jesus our Lord.
- Thanks be to God-through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind
- am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of
- And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he
- who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies
- through his Spirit, who lives in you.
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.
- In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we
- ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that
- words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the
- Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,
- who have been called according to his purpose.
- He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all-how will he not
- also, along with him, graciously give us all things?
- Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or
- persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
- How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can
- they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear
- without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are
- sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
- Consequently, faith comes from hearing the
- message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.
- Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies
- as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of
- worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by
- the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what
- God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will.
- May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity
- among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus,
- by the power of signs and miracles, through the power of the Spirit. So from
- Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel
- of Christ. It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known,
- so that I would not be building on someone else's foundation.
- Rather, as it is written: "Those who were not told about him will see,
- and those who have not heard will understand."
1 Cor. 2:4-5
- My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with
- a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on
- men's wisdom, but on God's power.
1 Cor. 2:10
- but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things,
- even the deep things of God.
1 Cor. 2:12
- We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God,
- that we may understand what God has freely given us.
1 Cor. 3:6-9
- I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he
- who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things
- grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be
- rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you
- are God's field, God's building.
1 Cor. 3:16
- Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit
- lives in you?
1 Cor. 4:2
Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.
1 Cor. 6:15-20
- Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then
- take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never!
- Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her
- in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh." But he who unites himself
- with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins
- a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own
- body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you,
- whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at
- a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
1 Cor. 9:16
- Yet when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach.
- Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!
1 Cor. 10:13
- No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is
- faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when
- you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up
- under it.
1 Cor. 11:1
Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.
1 Cor. 12:4-11
- There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are
- different kinds of service, but the same Lord.There are different kinds of
- working, but the same God works all of them in all men. Now to each one the
- manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given
- through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by
- means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing
- by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another
- distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to
- still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one
- and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he
1 Cor. 12:13
- For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body-whether Jews or Greeks,
- slave or free-and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.
1 Cor. 12:28-29
- And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets,
- third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing,
- those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those
- speaking in different kinds of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all
- prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?
1 Cor. 14:12
- So it is with you. Since you are eager to have spiritual gifts, try to excel
- in gifts that build up the church.
1 Cor. 15:58
- Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give
- yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in
- the Lord is not in vain.
2 Cor. 1:20
- For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in
- Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory
- of God.
2 Cor. 2:14
- But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ
- and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.
2 Cor. 4:5
- For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your
- servants for Jesus' sake.
2 Cor. 5:10
- For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may
- receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good
- or bad.
2 Cor. 6:14-17
- Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and
- wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
- What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in
- common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God
- and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with
- them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."
- "Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no
- unclean thing, and I will receive you."
2 Cor. 9:6
- Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever
- sows generously will also reap generously. 7 Each man should give what he has
- decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God
- loves a cheerful giver.
2 Cor. 12:9
- But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made
- perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about
- my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
2 Cor. 13:14
- May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the
- fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
- to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did
- not consult any man,
- know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus
- Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be
- justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by
- observing the law no one will be justified.
- I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in
- me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved
- me and gave himself for me.
- Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain
- your goal by human effort?
- Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until
- faith should be revealed.
- For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit
- what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other,
- so that you do not do what you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you
- are not under law. The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality,
- impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of
- rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like.
- I warn you, as I did before,that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
- faithfulness,gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who
- belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.
- Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
- Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a
- harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do
- good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of
- For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from
- yourselves, it is the gift of God- 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
- For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
- which God prepared in advance for us to do.
- may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and
- high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses
- knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.
- It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be
- evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people
- for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity
- in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the
- whole measure of the fullness of Christ. Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back
- and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the
- cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love,
- we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. From him the whole
- body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as
- each part does its work.
- But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind
- of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.
- Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord
- For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of
- the church, his body, of which he is the Savior Now as the church submits to
- Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Husbands,
- love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.
- For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on
- him, but also to suffer for him, since you are going through the same
- struggle you saw I had, and now hear that I still have.
- Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider
- others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own
- interests, but also to the interests of others.
- I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of
- sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so,
- somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition,
- with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God,
- which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in
- Christ Jesus.
- I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content
- whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know
- what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any
- and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or
- in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
- And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in
- Christ Jesus.
- We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that
- we may present everyone perfect in Christ. To this end I labor, struggling
- with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.
1 Thes. 2:20
Indeed, you are our glory and joy.
1 Thes. 4:17
- After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together
- with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with
- the Lord forever.
2 Thes. 1:9
- They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the
- presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power
2 Thes. 3:13
And as for you, brothers, never tire of doing what is right.
1 Tim. 4:12-17
- Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example
- for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
- Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to
- preaching and to teaching. Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a
- prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you. Be diligent in these
- matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress.
- Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do,
- you will save both yourself and your hearers. Command those who are rich in this present
- world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their
- hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.
1 Tim. 6:19
- In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for
- the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly
2 Tim. 2:2
- And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to
- reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others.
2 Tim. 3:16
- All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking,
- correcting and training in righteousness,
You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine.
- he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his
- mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy
- Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who
- are being tempted.
- For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are
- called may receive the promised eternal inheritance-now that he has died as a
- ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.
- In the case of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made
- it, because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes
- effect while the one who made it is living.
Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,
- And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to
- him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek
- Then he adds: "Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no
- Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is
- And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good
- deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of
- doing, but let us encourage one another-and all the more as you see the Day
- Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will
- not grow weary and lose heart.
- Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be
- thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,
- because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
- Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not
- lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously
- to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
- With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who
- have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come
- praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water
- flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs?
- Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water. Who is wise and understanding among you?
- Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.
- But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or
- deny the truth. Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly,
- unspiritual, of the devil. For where you have envy and selfish ambition,
- there you find disorder and every evil practice. But the wisdom that comes
- from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of
- mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a
- harvest of righteousness.
- Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you
- may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
1 Peter 1:4
- and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade-kept in heaven for
1 Peter 2:2
- Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up
- in your salvation,
1 Peter 2:9-10
- But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people
- belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out
- of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are
- the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
- Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain
- from sinful desires, which war against your soul.
1 Peter 3:3-6
- Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and
- the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of
- your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is
- of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put
- their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their
- own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are
- her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.
1 Peter 3:18
- For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to
- bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the
1 Peter 4:13
- But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may
- be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.
1 Peter 5:5-8
- Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you,
- clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, "God
- opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."Cast all your anxiety on him
- because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls
- around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
2 Peter 1:21
- For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God
- as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
1 John 1:9
- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and
- purify us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 5:3-4
- This is love for God: to obey his commands and his commands are not burdensome, for
- everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the
- world, even our faith.
1 John 5:11-12
- And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in
- his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God
- does not have life.
3 John 5
- Dear friend, you are faithful in what you are doing for the brothers, even
- though they are strangers to you.
- Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal,
- flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the
- great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing
- twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are
- for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse. The throne of
- God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him.
- They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.
- There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the
- light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign
- for ever and ever.