The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the ERRCD of equipment items?
NDx or NFx
Why was the equipment management system designed?
To provide control over the use and spending of equipment assets.
Who processes equipment transfers when the assets are identified by the equipment liasion office of a deploying unit?
The supporting COmbat Air Forces (CAF) or Mobility Air Forces (MAF) Logistics SUpport Center (LSC)
What are 9 responsibilities of the EME (Equipment Management Element)?
- 1. Helping equipment custodians on matters related to their account.
- 2. Review and validate all equipment requests submitted by the property custodian.
- 3. Process approved requests.
- 4. For assets that require a higher then base level approval or that are not listed in the organizations allowance standard, AMA forwards the request to command equipment management office (CEMO) for approval.
- 5. Monitor all war reserve material (WRM) and mobility equipment requirements.
- 6. Provide assistance in determining joint-use assets.
- 7. ensures that AFEMS (Coo1) online transactions are processed and that any rejects or variances are corrected.
- 8. Maintain custody receipt account files and the Equipment Out-Of-Balance Listing (Q10)
- 9. Managing the special purpose recoverables authorized maintenance program (SPRAM).
What is the AFEMS (C001)?
- ~The Air Force Equipment Management System.
- ~An online integrated database management system that processes 24 hours a day at Wright Patterson AFB.
- ~Compilation of equipment data from multiple HQ USAF, AFMC, and base level data systems.
What are the four things that AFEMS (C001) is used for?
- 1. Determining
- 2. Authorizing
- 3. Providing visibility to
- 4. Reporting the types and quantities of equipment required to accomplish the AF mission.
What is the only source for total visibility of all AF equipment and serves as the primary basis for organizational equipment budget and buy programs?
What AF Policy states that both military and civilian personnel are responsible for property?
AFI 23-111 Management of Government Property in Possesion of the AF
Who is the one that is officially designated and imposed by law, lawful order, or regulation with the duty to exercise custody, care and safe keeping over property entrusted to his or her possession, or under his or her supervision?
What are the SIX things that Responsible Officers place specific emphasis on?
- 1. Manual or automated tracking and recording of transactions affecting classes of supply under their functional control.
- 2. The expeditious reporting of automated and manual property book adj. to the dedignated accountable officer.
- 3. Timely identifying, reporting, and disposition or serviceable, unserviceable, repareable, and excess material.
- 4. Initiating Reports of Survey.
- 5. Maintenance and security of auditable and accountable documents.
- 6. Management of contingency location closure actions affecting their respective classes of supply.
What is a property custodian?
Any person designated by the organization commander or cheif of staff agency to have custodial reponsibility for government property in the possession.
What are SIX responsibilities of the Property Custodian?
- 1. Planning and forecasting requirements to meet mission goals.
- 2. Preparing and forwarding material requests to the proper agency or individuals.
- 3. Signing custody receipts or listings for property charged to their organization.
- 4. Reporting losses or irregularities relating to property to immediate commanders, accountable officers, and responsible officers.
- 5. Taking action to reconcile and correct property records.
- 6. Reporting unusual purchase patterns to commanders.
Who must agree on the appointment of a property custodian?
Organization commander and EME
What must property custodians do before assuming their responsibilities?
- -Report to EME for a thorough briefing
- -Attend BLOCK III
- -AFEMS computer based training.
AFMAN 23-220 shows what?
Shows us why Reports of Survey is necessary and how to submit it.
What are 4 reasons why we use the ROS?
- 1. RESEARCH and INVESTIGATE the cause of loss, damage, or destruction of property and to see if it was the individual's fault.
- 2. ASSES MONETARY LIABILITY against people who have a history of destroying gov't property or to let them off the hook if their history is clear.
- 3.PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION that can be used to support the adj. of accountable records.
- 4. PROVIDE COMMANDERS with CASE HISTORY that will help them make the right decisions.
How do we determine what organizations are authorized to purchase and maintain certain equipment items?
Allowance Standards and Configuration Data
What are allowance standards?
Documents that describe the items and quantities of equipment normally required by AF activites and individuals to accomplish their mission.
What do Allowance Standards ensure?
- 1. That similar types of equipment are identified for use by organizations throughout the AF.
- 2. Provide guidance and controls for the selection and approval of items and quantities of equipment.
What is the BASIS for which AUTHORIZATIONS are derived?
What is a BOI?
Basis of Issue.
What does a BASIS OF ISSUE do?
Establishes the number of items to be issued to an individual, activity or military organization.
What does a BOI represent?
The mazimum quantity of an equipment item that may be authorized if properly substained by workload utilization data or other adequate justification.
Where can you find Allowance Standards?
What does the AFEMS system do in order to ensure that they do not exceed maximum allowances and provide allowance changes to all effected users through email notices as updates occur?
Validate all base Authorizations
What are the two seperate categories of equipment items?
- 1. Equipment Authorized Inventory Data and
- 2. Non-Equipment Authorized Inventory Data
How can you tell if an item is an EAID or non-EAID?
The Equipment Management COde will be a 1.
What else does an EMC show?
Whether or not the items will need reporting through the USAF equipment data bank or not.
Non-EAID items have an ERRCD of what?
What does an EMC code of 1 mean?
No in-use details required; no reporting.
What does an EMC code of 2 mean?
In-use details required; overlay reporting, asset reporting, and/or serial number reporting may apply.
What does an EMC code of 3 mean?
In-use details required; overlay reporting.
What does an EMC code of 4 mean?
In-use details required; asset reporting.
What does an EMC code of 5 mean?
In-use detainls required; serial number reporting.
What is used to request equipment items where the approval authority is at base level or below?
AF Form 2005.
Issue requests for non-EAID items are processed on AF Form 2005 with an activity code of __.
When the request is for an item that requires higher than base level approval, the porperty custodian must prepare what form?
AF Form 601, Equipment Action Request.
What is the online computer screen that you will use to input the AF Form 601 Request?
The Automated Allowance Change Request (TACR)
When must you submit a hard copy of AF Form 601 to request an allowance change or to bobtain authorization approval?
- ~ EOD
- ~ Special Weapons
- ~ Multiple Items
- ~ if it contains classified information
What are authorized in use details used for?
- ~ To control and
- ~ account for the item from the time of issue to turn-in.
What TRIC is used to load, change, or delete authorized and in-use details?
What does the FCI format 1 do?
Loads, change, or deletes authorized and in ure details.
What does FCI format 2 do?
Changes specific data on registered equipment management (REM) vehicle only detail records.
What does FCI format 3?
Changes the detail document number.
What does FCI format 4 do?
Establishes a new authorized prime authorized/in-use detail record and changesthe existing prime to a substitute.
Once an item is no longer needed or authorized for an organization, it must be returned to ____.
When processing a 383 Reject occurs, what form of processing should you use?
What type of item must be processed through the supply computer eventhough they do not affect in-use detail records?
Non-EAID items (ERRCD NF1)
Who may elect to have an element in the MM Flight to process the turn-ins?
Non-EAID turn-ins are prepared on AF Form 2005 using TRIC ___ and activity code ___.
EAID turn-ins are processed using TRIC __ with activity code of ___.
When are POST-POST turn-in's processed?
After the property is picked up from the custodian.
With the POST-POST processing, how many forms of the AF Form 2005 are made?
With the POST-POST processing, what do you do with the 2nd form of the 2005?
Annotate or stamp copy 2 of the AF Form 2005 as SUSPENSE COPY and forward it to Document Control for preparation of a delinquent source document (DSD).
What do you do with the remaining copies of the AF Form 2005 in the POST-POST process?
Remaining copies are forwarded to the delivery function.
What copy of the AF Form 2005 does transportation sign?
When is the PRE-POST turn-in processed?
Processed before th pickup of the property
How many copies of the AF Form 2005 does the property custodian prepare during the PRE-POST turn-in?
What are equipment transfers used for?
continued use of equipment and reduction of paper work
Who decides whether or not to transfer the equipment to another custodian or return it to stock?
When will a 383 reject notice be kicked out?
When a serviceable turn-in is processed and du-outs exist within the same I&S group
To transfer property from one custodian to the next, what do you ?
Prepare and process an EAID/in-use custody receipt account transfer using TRIC FET.
What does the TRIC FET input cause?
~The transfer of an equipment item from one authorized/in-use detail record to another with a single input.
~Provides a capability of decreasing the authorized quantity on the losing account and increasing the authorized quanitity on the gaining account.
SBSS makes sure of what?
Ensure that the quantity on hand, quantity due-out, and input FET quantity doesnt exceed the authorized quantity on the authorized/in-use detail.
The FET routinely produces DD Forms 1348-1A, when??
There is a difference btwn. the losing and gaining organization and/or custody receipt account codes.
The gaining custodian signs...
the issue document
Who is the turn-in document signed by?
by either EME or transportation depending on the method of transfer.
What are management listing used for?
To maintain surveillance and control of in-use equipment.
What is the Q09?
The allowance source code listing
What does the Q09 do?
- 1. Helps ensure that equipment authorizations are maintained withen prescribed allowances
- 2.That units are requesting the minimum authorization quantities of equipment required
- 3. and that the ASC indicated is applicable to the using activity.
The ASC lisiting shows what?
Provides control data such as the quantity authorized by ASC, quantity on hand and the item and use code.
What is the Q10?
What does the Q10 identify?
Out-of-balance conditions as a resuly of comparing the authorized quantity against the in-use and due-out quantity.
Why arent replacement due-outs considered due-outs?
Because there is no method of determining it the in-use quantity includes the old item or if the old item has been turned in.
What else does the Q10 identify?
funded shortages for budget estimates.
How often is the Q10 processed?
What is the R14?
Custodian Authorization/ Custody Receipt Listing
What is the R14 used for?
serve as a custody receipt when signed by the property custodian.
shows all accountable EAID equipment items currently approved for use in an organization.
monitor equipment items.
What does the EME use to assign detail document numbers to new authorizations?
Document Register which is manually updated by annotiating required information on the register.
When is a new R14 produced?
Anytime there is a change in custodians
What does a customer receipt jacket file consists of?
a current R14 and a letter appointing a primary and alternate custodian to that particular account.
When must a new R14 be produced and forwarded to the applicable property custodian for review and signature?
At least once a year.
Customer receipt jacket files are verified ______ to ensure that a current R14 is on file and signed by the appointed custodian.
Who may sign for or reciept for equipment items?
Primary or alternate custodian or organization commander
What is the R15?
The organizational visibility list
What is the R15 used for?
to provide visibility of high dollar non equipment items and pilferable assets.
- ~ Shortages and excesses and
- ~ Facilitates control and accountability of assets assigned to an organization.
- ~ Serves as a custody receipt when signed by the cusotdian and identifies quantitied in use for specific organizations and shop codes
What is the R15 created from?
~ Reading organization and item records as well as it selects 201 detail records with a budget code 9, ERRCD of NF1 and a unit price equal to or greater than $2500.
Equipment Management deals with what three types of special assets?
- 1. Special Purpose Recoverables Authorized Maintenance (SPRAM)
- 2. Weapons
- 3. COMSEC
What CIC's are used to identify weapons?
N, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 SRC of A
How are COMSEC items identified?
SRC of C MMC of CA, CL, CR, CK, CO, CY
Fault isolation spares detect or isolate a ____.
Fault or problem in online equipment such as aircraft, missles, communications systems, or test sets.
Maintenance uses Fault isolation spares for what?
Determine why a system is not working.
What are shop standards?
Authorized or recognized measures that determine the accuravcy of various measurements in other assets.
What does Maintenance use shop standard codes spares for?
To verify the accuracy of simialr spares or systems
Maintenance uses training spares for what?
To conduct formal instruction on how to repair and maintain an item.
What does Maintenance use stand-alone spares ?
- 1. TO calibrate, align, or repair an item when test measurement and diagnostic equipment (TMDE) is too expensive or nonexistent.
- 2. Active spare to support a particular end item system.
Where are test station spares located?
With the basic set as listed in the applicable IPB of the TO.
-21 TO assets are identified in the apllicable -21 TO for a specific ___ or ____.
Specific aircraft or mission design series (MDS)
What does Crew and Passenger Supposrt Equipment do?
Provide life support and comfort for the crew and passengers.
Alternate Mission Equipment (AME) does what?
Adapt an aircraft or missle for one of its operational missions. (Can be installed or removed)
What does Maintenance and Safety Protection Equipment (MSP)?
Either protect the aircraft or missle from damage or make it safe for maintenance?
Weapons and COMSEC are tracked by ______ and _____.
Serial number and require transaction serialized reporting.
What is the R25?
SPRAM Report Listing
What does the R25 provide?
- 1. a listing of all items authorized, on hand, and due-out for those organizations authorized SPRAM assets.
- 2. provides aummary data, relative to shortages and excesses
- 3. serves as a custody receipt and authorization certification document when signed by the equipment custodian
- 4. provides an option to produce equipment inventory count inputs (EIC) for the inventory of SPRAM assets.
Who manages SPRAM authorizations?
EME on in-use K-type detail records
Who are the SPRAM authorizations paid for by?
System program director
In-use details provide the item manager with what?
Air Force visibility of XD/XF assets for requirements and buy computations.
Issues to SPRAM details are processed with activity code ___, demand code ___, and a project code of _____.
D, I , 428
I the SPRAM authorizations are reduced or deleted, the custodian has ___ workdays to turn in the assets to the LRS.
All initail requirements for SPRAM assts are forwarded to _______ for submission to the systems program director.
What input establishes authorization for SPRAM items
What are COMSEC items?
Are those equipment and components used to secure official communications.
All serial numbers are left ____, meaning the serial number is not prefixed by zeros.
What are the serial numbers used to create?
A Reconciliation Report (R46) , a serial number listing to support the CA/CRL, and other required management products.
The Warner-Robins Air Logistics Center maintains the
Small Arms Registry (D184) for all weapons
When is a daily change report (DIC DSM) generated under program control?
When a weapons transaction is processed at base level that increases or decreases the base asset position
COMSEC transactions produce a daily change report (DIC___)
HOw often are weapons reconciled?
annually on April 30
How often are COMSEC records reconciled?
Semiannually on 15 March and 15 September
TO reconcile the records, what must you do?
Compare the on-hands balancesto the detail record balances using the Weapon/COMSEC REconciliation (R46)
Type account E assets are reconciled with AFEMS (C001) which forwards the reconciliation images to ...
D184 or SNCS as appropriate after updating the database.