What are the two types of cars and how do they differ from one another?
The two types of carbs are simple and complex carbs. Simple carbs are composed of 1 or 2 sugar units while complex carbs are composed of 3 or more sugar units.
What are the two types of complex carbs and how do they differ from one another?
The two types of complex carbs are Starch and Fiber. Starch alpha bonds are digestible while Fiber beta bonds are not digestible.
Which foods contain each of the types of carbs?
- Simple carbs are found in fruit, milk products, and lots of processed foods.
- Starches are found in vegetables, grains (rice), and beans.
- Fiber is found in vegetables, grains, beans, fruit, nuts, and seeds.
What are the benefits of eating fiber?
- Fiber reduces the risk for many diseases: digestive disorders, cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes.
- Fiber gives you a feeling of fullness because it absorbs water.
- Fiber helps to sweet cholesterol out of the body.
- Fiber grabs on to toxins.