What are the functions of bones?
Support, Protection, Movement, Mineral storage, Blood cell formation, Energy storage
Where are fibrocartilage, elastic, and hyaline cartlilage found?
- Fibrocartilage: Intervertebral discs, pubic symphysis, meniscus
- Elastic: Outer ear, epiglottis
- Hyaline: nose, larynx, costal cartilage (ribs), trachea, embryo skeleton, articulating cartilages
What kind of cartilage are found in embryos; in adults?
- Embryos: hyaline cartilage
- Adults: more rigid bone (ossified cartilages)
What are mature and young cartilages cells called?
- Mature: Chondrocytes
- Young: Chondroblasts