- adj. 船舶的；海生的；海产的；航海的，海运的
- n. 海运业；舰队；水兵；（海军）士兵或军官
- n. 衰退；退潮；衰落
- vi. 衰退；减少；衰落；潮退
- adj. 地球的；陆地的，[生物] 陆生的；人间的
- n. 陆地生物；地球上的人
- adj. 世界性的；世界主义的，四海一家的
- n. 四海为家者；世界主义者；世界各地都有的东西
- any large dark enclosed space
- "his eyes were dark caverns"
- a large cave or a large chamber in a cave
- n. 瑕疵，裂纹；缺点；一阵狂风
- vt. 使无效；使破裂，使有缺陷
- vi. 生裂缝，变的有缺陷
- adj. 分裂的；劈开的
- n. 裂缝；龟裂
- v. 劈开；分开（cleave的过去式和过去分词）
- a conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures
- "gap between income and outgo"
- 同义词: spread
- an open or empty space in or between things
- "the explosion made a gap in the wall"
- 同义词: opening
- a narrow opening
- 同义词: crack
- a pass between mountain peaks
- 同义词: col
- a difference (especially an unfortunate difference) between two opinions or two views or two situations
- an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity
- "there was a gap in his account"
- 同义词: break | interruption | disruption
- make an opening or gap in
- n. 间隙；缺口；空白
- vi. 裂开
- vt. 使成缺口
- the angular distance between a point on any meridian and the prime meridian at Greenwich
- the angular distance between an imaginary line around a heavenly body parallel to its equator and the equator itself
- freedom from normal restraints in conduct
- "allowed his children considerable latitude in how they spent their money"
- an imaginary line around the Earth parallel to the equator
- 同义词: line of latitude | parallel of latitude | parallel
- scope for freedom of e.g. action or thought; freedom from restriction
- elevation especially above sea level or above the earth's surface
- "the altitude gave her a headache"
- 同义词: height
- the perpendicular distance from the base of a geometric figure to opposite vertex (or side if parallel)
- angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object)
- 同义词: elevation | EL | ALT
- n. 高地；高度；[数] 顶垂线；（等级和地位等的）高级
- adj. 子午线的；最高点的
- n. [天] 子午线，[天] 经线；顶点
- adj. 南极的；[地理] 南极地带的
- n. 南极洲；南极地区
- adj. 北极的；极寒的
- n. 北极圈；御寒防水套鞋
n. [天] 地平线；视野；眼界；范围
- n. 低地；苏格兰低地
- adj. 低地的；苏格兰低地的
- plain [plein]
- extensive tract of level open land
- "they emerged from the woods onto a vast open plain"
- 同义词: field | champaign
- a basic knitting stitch
同义词: knit | knit stitch | plain stitch
- express complaints, discontent, displeasure, or unhappiness
- "My mother complains all day"
- 同义词: complain | kick | sound off | quetch | kvetch
- clearly revealed to the mind or the senses or judgment
- "made his meaning plain" , "it is plain that he is no reactionary" , "in plain view"
- 同义词: apparent | evident | manifest | patent | unmistakable
- not elaborate or elaborated; simple
- "plain food" , "stuck to the plain facts" , "a plain blue suit" , "a plain rectangular brick building"
- lacking patterns especially in color
- 同义词: unpatterned
- not mixed with extraneous elements
- "plain water"
- 同义词: sheer | unmingled | unmixed
- free from any effort to soften to disguise
- "the plain and unvarnished truth"
- 同义词: unvarnished
- lacking embellishment or ornamentation
- "a plain hair style"
- 同义词: bare | spare | unembellished | unornamented
- lacking in physical beauty or proportion
- "a plain girl with a freckled face"
- 同义词: homely
- unmistakably (`plain' is often used informally for `plainly')
- "You are plainly wrong" , "he is plain stubborn"
- 同义词: obviously | evidently | manifestly | patently | apparently | plainly
- n. 高原；稳定水平；托盘；平顶女帽
- vi. 达到平衡；达到稳定时期
[ 复数 plateaus或plateaux 过去式 plateaued 过去分词 plateaued 现在分词 plateauing ]
- the guidance of ships or airplanes from place to place
- 同义词: pilotage | piloting
- ship traffic
- "the channel will be open to navigation as soon as the ice melts"
- the work of a sailor
同义词: seafaring | sailing
- n. 量程，范围；山脉（range的复数）
- v. 延伸（range的第三人称单数）；排列；把…分类
- sediment ['sedimənt]
- matter that has been deposited by some natural process
- n. 沉积；沉淀物
- an arrangement of people or things acting as a unit
- "a defensive formation" , "a formation of planes"
- a particular spatial arrangement
- the fabrication of something in a particular shape
- 同义词: shaping
- the act of forming something
- 同义词: constitution | establishment | organization | organisation
- (geology) the geological features of the earth
- 同义词: geological formation
- natural process that causes something to form
- "the formation of gas in the intestine" , "the formation of crystals" , "the formation of pseudopods"
- creation by mental activity
- "the formation of sentences" , "the formation of memories"
- a piece of ground having specific characteristics or military potential
- "they decided to attack across the rocky terrain"
n. [地理] 地形，地势；领域；地带
- relating to or situated in or characteristic of the tropics (the region on either side of the equator)
- adj. 温和的；适度的；有节制的
- temperate ['tempərit]
- (of weather or climate) free from extremes; mild; or characteristic of such weather or climate
- "a temperate region" , "the temperate zones" , "temperate plants"
- not extreme in behavior
- "temperate in his habits" , "a temperate response to an insult" , "temperate in his eating and drinking"
- not extreme
- "temperate in his response to criticism"
- 同义词: moderate