What are the 4 different types of Training Methods?
- Continuous Training
- Interval Training
- Weight Training
- Circuit Training
What is Continuous Training?
- Gain on increase in Cardiovascular endurance and aerobic capacity
- Participation must be 3 times per week
- Activities included: Running, Jogging, Cycling, Swimming and aerobics
- Maintained between 20-60 minuets
- 75-80% Max HR
What is Interval Training?
- Exercise with rest periods
- Training sessions where exercise is followed with rest periods
- Allows the same amount of work to be done as continuous Training but at a higher intensity
- eg. 10x40 meter sprint with 30 seconds recovery
- Used to work aerobic and anaerobic capacity
- Work to rest ratio:work:rest
- Aerobic session- 20 run:20-40 min rest
- Anaerobic session- 15:45-75
What is another word for Weight training?
What are the components of Weight Training?
- Muscular Strength
- Muscular Power
- Muscular Endurance
What is Weight Training?
- Overloading the muscles with weights they wouldn't normally lift
- Causes muscle hypestrophy(increase in muscle size)
What is Circuit Training?
- Is used to improve all fitness components
- Usually consists of 10 or more different exercises
- Designed to train the whole body