the History of Lord Ramachandra
the history of Lord Balarama
the history of Lord Parasurama
the history of Ramananda
the History of Lord Ramachandra
2. Lord Rama is the son of
a) King Raghu
b) King Dasaratha
c) King Janaka
d) King Katvanga
3, Who wrote Ramayana
4. Who was the ruler of Kosala
5. What was teh capital of Kosala
6. What does "Ayodya" mean
a) A place where wars took place
b) A that which is subdued by war
c) A deserted place
d) That which cannot be subdued by war
That which cannot be subdued by war
7. What is the other name of Sita
8.Who was the evil-minded servant of kaikeyi
9.What were teh two wishes of Kaikeyi
D) to send Rama to exile and crown Bharata
Who was Sumantra
11 Whoas the mother of Rama
12. In which state of Modern India is Ayodhya
B) Uttar Pradesh
13. Where did the battle between Rama and Ravana take place
14. On hose side was Ravana's brother, Vihishana in the war between Rama and Ravana
A) Rama's side
15. What was the name of Vali's brother ?
16.who set Lanka on fire
17.When Ganga decended from the heavens, who could bear the force of her flow ?
a) Lord Brahma
b) Lord Narayana
c) Lord Indra
d) Lord Siva
18. What was the intention of Ravan when he visited the ashram of Rama in the guise of a Sadhu
a) To abduct Sita
b) To ask for Alms
c) To kill Sita
d) To kill Rama and Lakshmana
To abduct Sita
19. What awas the name of the place where indra is supposed to rule from
c) Andra Pradesh
20. What did Rama give to Hanuman that is to be shown to Sita
a) Finger ring
b) Ear ring
c) Nose ring
21. In return, what did Sita give to Hanuman that is to be shown to Rama
a) Marakatamai (Her finger ring)
b) Chintamani (her Diamond)
c) Vajram (her nose ring)
d) Chudamani (Her crest jewel)
22. who was the father of Hanuman ?
a) Sun God
b) Wind God (Vayu)
c) Rain God (Varuna)
d) Sugriva (King of monkeys
23. What was was the name of Janaka's kingdom ?
24. What was the Capital of Janaka's kingdom ?
25. Who was Lakshmana's wife
26.Who was Ravana's wife
27. What were the names of Ravana's brothers
a) Indrajit & Kumbakarna
b) Indrajit & Vibishana
c) Kumbakarna and Vibhishana
d) Khara and Dushana
Kumbakarna and Vibhishana
28. Who killed Tataki
29. Who was the Guru of Dasaratha
30. Why did Hanuman carry the whole montain, when he was asked to fetch certain medicinal herbs ?
a) Because he wanted to show the strength
b) Because he likes to carry mountains
c) Because Rama asked him to do so
d) Because he cound identify the herbs
Because he cound identify the herbs
31.Name the mountain that Hanuman brought to Lanka
32. Who brought Ganga from heaven to earth
d) Sri Vishnu
33. Name the bow that Rama brke in Janaka's kingdom to win Sita
a) The bow of Vishnu
b) The bow of Bramha
c) The bow of Siva
d) The bow of Indra
Bow of Siva
34. Where did Bharata meet Rama in the forest
35.What did Bharata carry back to Ayodhya after meeting Rama in the forest ?
a) Rama's finger ring
b) Rama's arrows
c) Rama's bow
d) Rama's Sandals
36.What as the name of Dasaratha's father
37 Where was Sita when Hanuman first saw her in Lanka
a) In the Dandaka forest
b) In a temple
c) In Ravana's palace
d) In the Ashoka Grove
In the Ashoka Grove
38. In which vehicle did Rama, Lakshman and Sita return to Ayodhya from Lanka
a) Pushpaka Vimana (flower Airplane)
b) On Hanuman's Shoulder
c) Horse cart
39. Who were the twins among Dasaratha's four sons
a) Rama, Lakshmana
b) Lakshmana and Satrugana
c) Bharata and Satrugana
d) Rama and Bharata
Lakshmana and Satrugana
40. Who was Vali's son
41 Who was the guru of the devas
42. At Chitrakuta, who built the hut for Rama and others to live in
43. Who argued with Ravana in his court that Hanuman's life should be spared ?
44. Name the Vulture who fought with Ravana to save Sita
45. Who taught Lava and Kusha the use of arms ?
46.Whom did Sugriva send to meet Rama on his behalf
47. Who described the beauty of Sita to Ravana
a) Khara and Dhushana
48. Who drove the chariot when Rama, Sita, and Lakshman left fo exile
49. Name the kingdom where Bharata and Satrugana returned after their father' death
50. What was the name of the yanjna performed y Dasaratha to obtain sons
a) Aswamedha yanjna
b) Putrakameshti Yanja
c) Rajasuya yanjna
d) Ajamedha yanja
51.Panchavi mentioned in teh Ramayana is situated in which state of modern india
b) Madya pradesh
c) Uttra Pradesh
52.What was the original name of Indrajit
53. Who suggested Kaikeyi to see the bansihment of Rama
54. Who killed the demon Kalanemi
55. For how man years was Rma banished to the forest
56. why did hanuman leap towards the sky soon after his birth
a) he wanted to play with the sun
b) he wanted to catch the sun thinking it was a furit
c) He wanted to eat the sun
d) He wanted to run away
he wanted to catch the sun thinking it was a fruit
57.What form did Maricha assume to deceive Rama
a) Golden cow
b) Golden deer
c) Golden parrot
d) Golden peacock
58. Who made Rama and Lakshman expert archers
59. who was crowend king of Lanka after Ravana;s death
60. Who was the Guru of the Asuras
61.For how long did kumbakarna sleep at a time
a) 4 m
b) 6 m
c) 5 m
d) 12 m
62. Where did Janaka find Sita
a) in the forest
b) Divya-Purusha gave her to him
c) His friend gaver her to him
d) In the furrow of the land tiled by him
In the furrow of the land tiled by him
63.What was the name of Sugriva's wif
64. Who was Guha in the Ramayana
a) Chielf of Rakshasas
b) Chief of hunter tribe
c) Chief of Ayodhya
d) Chief of Lanka
Chief of hunter tribe
65 Why is Rama sometimes called Raghava ?
a) Becuase he was the decendent of Raghu
b) Because he was the student of Raghu
c) Because he was the brother of Raghu
d) Because he was a friend of Raghu
Becuase he was the decendent of Raghu
66. Where was the mouth of the rakshasa Kabhanda ?
a) in the neck
b) in the leg
c) in the hand
d) in the belly
in the belly
67. who incited Ravan to fight with Rama ?
68. When Lakshmana swooned after being hit by an arrow f Megnad, who revived him ?
69. Who was the monkey general, who superviswed the construction of the bridge to Lanka
70. Who gave the pot of Kheer to Dasaratha after he had perfoemed the Yajna ?
a) King Janaka
b) A devine being
c) A rakshasa
d) King Ravana
A devine being
71. Before talking to Sita, how did Hanuman communicate his presense to her ?
c.by hiding on the tree and speaking of Rama
72. With which astra did Indrajit subdue Hanuman during Hanuman's first visit to Lanka ?
73. Who told Hanuman the story of his birth and encouraged him to make the migthy leap to Lanka
74. On the bank of which river was Ayodhya ?
75. Why is Ganga sometimes referred to as Jahnavi
A) Becuase Sage Jahnu had swalled her once in a single gulp
76. Why did Lava and Kusa had to fight with Rama's Army
C) because they had captured the "Asvamedha" hosrse
77. After Lakshmana chpped off Surpanaka's nose, to whom did she run for immediate help
D) To Khara & Dhshana
78. What was the noble tradiion, which Kaikeyi referred to while asking for her boons ?
B) The tradition of not breaking a promise
79. Whom did Hanuman mistake for Sita in Ravana's palace
80. Name the rakshashi whose mouth Hanuman entered on the way to Lanka
81. To whom did Sugriva assign the task of mustering the Vanara forces ?
82. Why did Sugriva request Rama to pierce any of the secen Sala trees with his arrow
B) To be convinced that Rama was more powerful than Vali
83. What advice did Maricha give to Ravan when he revleaed the paln of abducting Sita
D) Not to act on it
84. Why did Sita ask Lakshman to go in search Rama ?
A) Because she thought that it was Rama who cried out in distress
85. What did Sita do when she saw five monkeys on a mountain peak
B) She threw down her ornamants
86. Where did Lava and Kusa narrate the story of Rama
D) In the court of Rama
87. At whose behest did Valmiki write the Ramayana
88. Name the bow which Parasurama asked Rama to String
C) Bow of Vishnu
89. Whom did Dasaratha send to fech rama to Kaikeyi's palace
90. Who forbade Sita from wearing garments made of bark before leaving for the forest
B) Vasihta and Dasaratha
91. Whose ashram was situation on te confluence of Ganga and Yamuna
C) Sage Bharadwaja's
92. Who was the mother of Hanuman
93. In what disguese did Hanuman first meet Rama ?
A) A Brahmana
94. Why did dasaratha kill Sravan Kumar
B) Because he mistook him for an animal at a waterhole
95. On which river was Chitrakuta situated ?
96.On which river was Panchaai situated
97. What was the boon given to Ravana by Brahma ?
D) There would be no harm from any other human being
98.Why did Sage Jahnu drink up Ganga
B) He was angry because she had flooded his sacrifice.
99. Name Bharata's wife ?
100. Who performed the funeral of Jatayu ?
D) Lord Rama
101. Who showed the garments and ornaments thrown by Sita while Ravana was abducting her ?
102. From where did Bharata rule his kingdom after returning from Chitrakuta ?
103. From Where did King Sagara rule ?
104. Who was Mahiravana's father ?
105. Who killed Kumbakrana in the war ?
106. In the Asoka Grove, when Ravan produced the head of Rama, who assured Sita thta it was not a real one ?
107. During the war, with whom did Ravana fight a wrestling duel
B) Lakshmana and Rama
108. Who killed Akampana (he took the message of Khara Dhushan's death to Lanka) in the battle of Lanka ?
109. What animals were yoked to Ravana's chariot when he visited Panchavati
110. what animals/birds were yoked to Rama's chariot when He returned to Ayodhya in Pushpaka Vimana ?
111. To whom did Rama send the Pushpaka Chariot after returning to Ayodhya in it ?
A) Kubera (Ravana's Step Brother - son of Vishrava)
112. What was the major role played by Sushena in Lanka
D) He was a physician
113. Who told Rama to build an ashram in Panchavati
B) Sage Agsatya
114. When Bharata reached the bank of Ganga along wit his army who directed him to Bharadwaja's ashram
115. Which tree did lakshman climb to have a clear view of Bharata's army
A) A Sal Tree
116. At Chirakuta, who propounded the theory of atheism to Rama
117. How did Ravana threten Sita in case she refused to accept him ?
A) That he would eat her up as a morning meal
118.Why did Rama get angry with Sagara (ocean) ?
B) Sagara did not make way for Rama to cross over to Lanka in spite of Rama's prayers for 3 days
119.Who killed Dundubhi
120. What was Anasuya's (Sage Ari's wife) gift to Sita
D) Clothes that would never soil, flowers that would be ever fresh and oils and scented pastes that would never be exausted
121. How many sloaks in Ramayana
122. Where did Rama meet Guha
123. How many ministers did Dasaratha have to advice him on matters of State
124. On the bank of which river did Rama, Sita and Lakshmana mkae their first halt
125.Who was Ravanas father ?
126. Who was Ravana's mother ?
127.Why did Kapila reduce Sagara's sons to ashes ?
C) Because they accused him of stealing their sacrificail horse
128. Who was Amsuman's grandfather
129. Who was Raghu's father
130. What mantra did Viswamitra give to Rama and Lakshmana to ward off hunger
131. What amntra did Viswamitra give to Rama and Lakshmana to ward of thirst
132. Name the brother of Maricha killed by Rama
133. Who was Maricha's mother
134. How did Sita get the name Janaki
B) Because she was the daughter of Janaka
135. Who threatened Vali that his head would blow off if he entered Rishyamuka ?
A) Sage Matanga
136. Who killed Prahasta (command in cheif of Ravana) in the War
B) Neela (son of agni)
137.Which material pushpaka made of
138. In whose ashram did sabari perform penence
D) Sage Mataga (Sabari was his disciple)
139.Who was Kubera's father
140. When Hanuman casued damaged to Ashoka Grove, what punishment did Ravana order ?
A) He ordered Hanuman's tail to be set on fire
141. Why did Bharata take Rama's shoes with him ?
D) He wanted to place them on the throne as a symbol of rama's Authority
142. After laying seige to Lanka, Whom did Rama send to the court of Ravana with a proposal that he should surrender to Rama or face sure death ?
143. Where did Rama meet Bharata after his return from Lanka ?
144. Why did Lakshmana prevent the completion of Indrajit's yajna ?
C) Becuase it would make Intrajit invincible
145. Why did Ravana rder the Rakshasis to escort Sita to the battlefied ?
A) So that Sita could see the unconsicious Rama
146. Who was Jatayu's brother
147. Why did indrajit create an illusory Sita and kill her in the battle field
D) He thought by doing so Rama would die of grief
148. What was the objective of Viswamitra's intense penance ?
A) He wanted to become a Brahmarishi
149. On the bank of which lake was Sabari's ashram
150. What gifts did Sage Agastya give Rama ?
B) A celestial sword, an inexhaustible quiver, c celestial bow and arrows
151. Who drove Indra's chariot
152. Who assured Rama that Indrajit could have killed only an illusory Sita ?
153. How much Keer did Dasarahta give Kausalya ?
A) one half
154. What was the name of Viswamitra's ashram ?
155. When Hanuman flew over the ocean, who tried to sieze his shadow
156. Who was the founder of Rama's Dynasty
157. Who was the founder of Janaka's Dynasty
158. Who was Janaka's Guru
159. Who tried to send Trisank to heaven
160. When Viswamitra visited Vasishta's Ashram, what gift did he ask from him ?
161. Who had cursed demon Kabhanda
B) Sage Durvasa
162. On which mountain did Rama meet Sugriva ?
163. What was Vali angry with Sugriva ?
A) Becaused Sugriva crowned himself King of Kishkinda, thinking that Vali was kill by Mayavi
164. Who sent Rama a chariot during the war with Ravana
165. Who accompanied Dasaratha in his chariot when he went to hel the Devas
166. Who was the King of mahismati, who defeated Ravana
D) Kartha Vira Arjuna
167. What was the King Kartha Vira Arjuna doing when Rava first met him
168. Who was the mother of Yadu
169. What did Siva do when Ravana tried to lift mount Kailas
C) Siva became angry
170. Who killed Vritrasura
171. Who scceeded to the throne of Northern Ayodhya after Rama
172. What used to be the color of the Royal Umbrella
173. Why did Sukracharya curse Yayati
B) Because Yayati was not faithful to his daughter, Devayani
174. Who left Sita in the forest near Valmiki's Ashram
175. From whom did Ravan seize the control of Lanka
176. what caused the outburst of the first sloka from the mouth of Valmiki
B) The pitieous cries of a bird whose mate had been shot down by a hunter
177.How many Sala trees did Rama Pierce with one arrow ?
178. Why didn't Rama attend the crowing ceremony of Sugriva
B) He didnt want to enter the city while in exile
179. Name the place where Ravana and his brothers practised austeries
180. When the rakshasas frightened Sita seated in the Asoka grove, who subduded them by narrating them her dream ?
181. Who prevented Hanuman from entering the Lanka when he made the leap and reached the city wall ?
C) Lanka Devi
182. How did Ganga come to be known as Bhagirathi ?
C) Because Bhagiratha was responsible for her descent to earth
183. Who had cursed Dasarahta that he would die of separation from his son ?
D) Shravan Kumar's father
184. What did Angada do when Ravana's men captured him ?
A) Angada jumped onto the fort walls
185. What was Kumbakarna;s first reaction when he heard of abduction of Sita by Ravana
A) He was angry with Ravana
186. Why did Viswamitra ask Dasaratha to send Rama with him ?
D) To kill demons who were disturbing the sacrifice
187. What was the main objective of the Devas and Asuras when they wanted to churn the milk ocean ?
B) They wanted Amrita
188. In which state of India is the bridge know as Rama Setu
189. Into how many khandas is Ramayana divided
190. who is Gautama Rsi's wife
191. Who uttered these words "Ah Sita ! Ah Lakshmana!"
192. Whose daughter was Mandavi ?
A) Kushadwaja (Mandavi was Bharata's wife - K was Janaka's brother. other daughter Shrutakeerti was married to Shatrugana)
193. What did Rama and Lakshmana do when Kabanda captured in his hands
D) They ct of his arms
194. On which moutnain did hanuman rest when he made the leap to Lanka
195. Name Ahalya's husband
B) Sage Gautama
196.To whom did pushpaka vimana originally belong to ?
197. Who conveyed to Bharata about the forthcoming arrival of Rama ?
198. At whose ashram did Sita meet Anasuya ?
a) Sage Atri
199. Who presented Rama with divine weapon after He entered teh forest along with his wife and brother
200. Who wrote Ramayana in Hindi
201. Who killed Ravana
202. How many heads did Ravana possess
203. Ravana's kingdom was known as
204) Ravana was devotee of ?
205. Ravana and Kumbakarna were originally the gate keepers of Vaikunta - what were their names
B) Jaya and Vijaya
206. Who made Vibhishna crowned prince of Lanka
207. Name the sons of Sita and Rama
A) Lava and Kusha
208. Rama is worshiped as
B) Incarnation of Vishnu
209. Buring Lanka by Hanuman comes in Kanda
C) Sundara Kanda
210. In what devotional mood did Hanuman serve Lord Rama