The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Long, cylindrical, multinucleate, striations.
- Function: Voluntary movment/control, locomotion, manipulation of enviornment, facial expressions.
- Located: skeletal muscles attached to bones or occasionally to skin.
- Branding, striated, uninucleate.
- Interdigitate at intercalated discs (gap junctions)
- Function: Involuntary movment, contractions, propels blood into circulation
- Location: walls of the heart.
- Spindle-shaped, central nuclei, no striations, arranged closely to form sheets.
- Function: Involuntary movement propels substances or objects (foodstuffs, urine, a baby) along internal passageways.
- Location: hollow walls of organs.