- Max Min Power
- 15 Deg 200kts Ref+30 78%
- 25 Deg 190kts Ref+20 82%
- 40 Deg 180kts Ref+10 82%/87%LVL
- Lnd Light Extended
- Lnd Light Operation
- Windshield wiper operationg speed
Max Speed for Sliding Window Use
Nose/Main Tire Pressure
Max Alt with 50% AvGas
- Flaps ret +2.5 to -1
- Flaps ext +2 to 0
Stby Hydro Pump Max duty Cycle
3 min on 20 min off
Ignition Duty Cycle Limit
- 2min on, 3min off
- then 2min on, 23min off
- 5min on, 25min off
- CF700- Two lead acid 24v 40amp/hr
- TFE731- Two NiCad 24v 23 amp/hr
- dual Gen failure w/ load shed Approx 40min on Batt's
- Two Starter/Generators
- Reg. 28.5v 300amps
Battery Make-and -break relay
- Opens due to excessive
- reverse current (from Main Bus to Batt) or
- Batt draw ( to prevent batt overheat)
- No more than 2 resets (button between batt switches)
Generator Control Units (GCU)
- In Start Mode
- 1. Prevents starter overspeed (drive shaft failure)
- 2. Maintains constant starter torque
- 3. Ends start sequence CF700 N1 40% TFE731 N2 50%
- In Gen Mode
- 1. Volt reg 28.5v
- 2. Gen ouput Bal w/in 10%
- 3. Overvoltage Protection
- 4. Current Reg to 350amps
- 5. Gen Isolation
Differential Protection Box
Protects electrical system by disconnecting Gen if a short occurs in Gen feeder lines to main bus.
- Primary, Secondary, Standby
- 750va 115v & 26v 400hz
- Primary and Stanby powered from main bus
- Secondary powered from Aux Bus (loadshed)
- Most have auto switching with primary having priority.
- 1000amps 28volts
- 70CK and 240CK overvolt protection at 29v +/- 0.5
Wich engine instruments are load shed?
- CF700 all but N1, EGT, Fuel flow
- TFE731 all but N1, N2, ITT
What does Co-Pilot Pitot System supplies in Panel & Acc or Panel only
- Panel and Accessories
- Arthur Q units and Speed switches
- EPR transmitters
- Autopilot airspeed switch
- Mach warning switch
- Mach/Airspeed indicator
- Panel Only
- Mach/Airspeed indicator
How does Cargo compartment smoke sniffer work?
Sniffer tube vents from the center of the right side of the fuselage to the co-pilot in cockpit. Valve opens and closes the tube. A switch runs a fan to bring air from cargo compartment to cockpit for sniffing to help detect fire.
Fire detection loops- location and operation
- 1. Zone 1 L&R - engine compartment (CF700 fuel heater in pylon) 450 & 800 deg F
- 2. Rear compartment 270 & 600 deg F
- 3. Main wheel compartments 270 & 800 deg F
- 4. Pax Falcon APU
Lindberg Loops - outer is gas, inner solid turns to gas when heated. Heat causes gas to expand and activate press switch. Switch resets if temp decreases. If severed solid part will still work.
- Hard wired to Batt
- 2 - 1.5kg Freon bottles able to got to either (1 or both)engine/pylon or (both) rear compartment and ram air scoop extended. 3rd bottle for APU if installed.
- Thermal discharge disc on each side of fuselage.
- Low press/normal discharge indicator on top of bottles.
Servo Control Actuators
- 2 barrel servo actuator. 1 side per hydro system.
- If total hydro failure it reverts to manual control by control valve hitting mechanical stop and moving entire actuator to move control surface.
- Bypass valve prevents a failed barrel from interfering with operating barrel. valve opens when hydro press drops.
- Each actuator slide valve has a calibrated leak to keep servo warm at high Alt.
Torque Bar/secondary AFU
Acts as a control centering device in the event of total hydro failure or broken linkage.
Artificial Feel Unit (AFU)
Preloaded springs connected to all 3 primary control surfaces that increases control force as control deflection increases.
Arthur Q Units
- Uses Hydro system 2 and copilot pitot system info.
- As air speed increases the Aurthur Q increases the stiffness of the controls to prevent overconroling.
- It does this with a variable hinge point between control linkage and the AFU.
- Elevator and Ailerons use variable arm bell crank to the AFU.
Red Arthur Q Roll or Pitch light indicates what?
- Unit is in a high speed position w/ DLEs extended = heavy controls.
- Unit is in low speed position w/ speed > 265kts = light controls.
How due Trims work?
- Electric actuator jacks move the positon of alerions and rudder.
- Pitch trim is w/ variable-incidence horizontal stabilizer moved with a dual motor electrical actuator.
Difference between Amber and Red Yaw damper Fail lights?
Amber indicates excessive jack travel or electrical failure.
Red indicates if a rudder deflection of 1.5deg for more than 12sec. Warns you of a malfunction that may mistrim the aircraft.
increases landing distance by 1000ft
Fly Vref +10kts and increase landing distance by 12%
- Intergal wing tanks (552gal per wing) 4 Quanity probes
- Feeder tanks bladder type
- Wings pressurised to 3.3-3.6 psi, Feeders to 1.3-1.9 psi
- If Xfer pumps fails diff press gives 1000lbs/hr.
- Xfer pumps operate jet pumps- inboard jet pump sucks fuel from opp wing, out board jet pump scavanges fuel from aft mid-wing area to center wing area.
How to correct fuel imbalance
- 1. Open interconnect valve and turn off high side xfer pump.
- 2. Open X feed valve and turn off boost pump on the low side.
Feeder tanks High/Special Switch does what?
- High/Special turns on high level float in feeder tanks to allow them to hold more fuel.
- High- only can be used on the ground to fill feeders before taxing for T/O
- Special- can be used inflight and on the ground
- With Aux Bus off feeder tanks fill to high level float.
Where are manual fuel shutoff valves?
- System 1 3.7gal, System 2 3.94gal, Standby side 1.24gal
- Pressurized to 21psi
- Engine driven pumps- 3,000psi self reg, constant press, var. displacement. CF-700 windmilling >180kts = 2,900psi. TFE 731 windmillling = not enough press.
- Standby Pump on at 1600psi off at 2,150psi.
Hydraulic system Press lights.
- HYDR 1/2 = press < 2,150psi
- 1 or 2 = flight control press < 1,520psi
- Red Arrow = slide Stby pump slector to opp side cause Stby press < 1,500.
- Transf Jack = transfer jack not fully seated
- Red Jewel light = Reservoir press < 16psi-decend below 25,000ft to avoid hydro pump cavation. above 12,000 no airbrakes or large control movements. below 12,000 no limitations.
Transfer Jack uses.
- provides system 1 with hydro press for-
- 1. Norm Brakes w/ anti-skid
- 2. Air Brakes
- 3. Flaps Emergency retraction only
- 4. Gear Emergency retraction only
- 5. Norm operation helps system 1 during high demand operations.
What componets are supplied by each hydraulic System?
- System 1 - 1/2 primary flt controls, flaps, air brakes, DLE's, #1 norm brakes, nose wheel steer, landing gear.
- System 2 - 1/2 primary flt controls, yaw damper, auther Q's, emergency gear ext, parking brake, #2 brakes.
- Standby pump - all of system 1 or flt controls and yaw damper (240CK) or all of system 2
Can flaps be lowered/raised by standby pump.
Can Gear be lowered by the stanby pump?
What causes DOOR light to illuminate?
Passenger/Cargo door or rear compartment door not closed and locked. If cargo door you can visualy check all locks and pin the door locking mechanism closed.