Ch6 Salon Business
The flashcards below were created by user
List the 4 easy to follow guides for setting goals.
1) Establish a long-range goal
2) Determine your short-range goals
3) Create a plan to achieve your goals
4) Review your goals periodically
List the 7 methods you can use to find out about salon positions.
1) Talk to stylists who work in the salon you admire.
2) Check classifieds
3) Talk to distributors/sales consultants
4) Refer to schools bulletin board or ask your instructors.
5) Check with city unemployment office.
6) Canvass the area you would like to work & make a list of salons.
7) Mail out/ take in resumes & cover letter attached to the front, requesting owner/manager contacts you for an interview.
What 9 items that should be included on a resume?
1) Personal Data
2) Educational Background
3) Additional Training
4) Previous Employment
5) Special Skills or Areas of Expertise
6) Any Special Awards or Recognition
9) Why you want to work in that particular salon.
List the 8 effective techniques that can be used to build clientele.
1) Word of Mouth
2) Business Cards
5) Promotional Literature
6) Guest Appearances
8) Your Personal Touch
What are the 4 types of salon ownership?
1) Sole Proprietorship (one person)
2) Partnership (2 or more people)
3) Corporation (shareholders)
4) Franchise (more of an operation)
It is the salon owners responsibility to be in compliance with all local, state/ province & federal rules, regulations, & laws. These include...
City Zoning, Building Codes, City or County Waste Disposal Rules, State Province Licensure Regulation, IRS, OSHA, ADA, Etc...
How long should you keep your sales & service records?
List the average cost of operating a salon:
Cost of Doing Business-
Service of Debt-
88% of Income
Income minus expenses equals...?
Creating a Policies & Procedures handbook helps to develop the salons (a)__ & (b)__
a) Set of Rules
b) Owners Expectations
Ch6 Salon Business