- a branch of psych that studies physical, cognitive, and social change throughtout the lifespan.
- NATURE VS. NURTURE
- DEVELOPMENT: LADDER VS. EACALATOR
- CONSISTANT PERSONALITIES WITH AGE?
- the fertilized egg; inters 2 week period of rapid cell division & develops into an embryo
- after dividing into about 100 cells, cell types differentiate.
he developing human organism from about 2 weeks through second month
- the developing human organisim from 9 weeks till birth
- organs starting to take recognizable shape
- responsive to sound (mom's voice)
- latin for offspring or young one
- agents, such as chems and viruses, that can reach the embryo or fetus and cause harm.
- Smoking (underweight etc)
- Drinking can cause down syndrome
Fetal Alchahol Syndrome FAS
- physical and cognitive abnormalities in children caused by the mother's drinking during pregnancy.
- down syndrome
- facial misproportions
- leading cause of retardation (40% chance)
a baby's tendancy to--when touched on the cheek--turn toward touch in search of a nipple.