Which of the following herbs is for Shao Yang Channel Heat?
- C. Chai Hu- Cool Acrid Herb that Release Exterior.
- Acrid, Bitter, Cool- GB, LR, PC, SJ
Which of the following herbs does not have function to benefit or clear the eye?
- B. Lu Gen- Clear Heat & Drain Fire.
- Sweet Cold, LU, ST
- Clears Heat & Generates Fluids=Heat Pattern.
- Promotes Urination= Dark Scanty Urine or Hematuria
Which of the following herbs is used for dissipating nodules on the neck?
- B. Xiao Ku Cao- Clear Heat & Drain Fire.
- Bitter, Acrid, Cold- LR, GB
- Clears Heat & Dissipates Nodules- Neck Lumps
- Clears LR & Brightens Eyes-Ascending LR Fire
- Yang Rising types of HTN
What are the most common taste & temperature of Agents that Clear Heat & Cool the Blood?
D. Bitter & Cold
Which of the following is not the function of Niu Bang Zi?
- D. Stops Spasms & Extinguises Wind
- Niu Bang Zi Moistens Intestine, Resolves Toxicity & Vents Rashes, & Disperses Wind-Heat & Benefits Throat.
Which of the following conditions is Bo He not used for?
Bo He used for Sore Throat, Mood Swings, & Rashes.
Which of the following conditions is Sang Ye not used for?
Sang Ye Red Eyes, Sore Throat, Dry Cough
Which of the following conditions is Ju Hua not used for?
A. Dystenteric Disorders
Ju Hua used for Dizziness, Red, Swollen or Painful Eyes, & Toxic Sores
What are the Tastes & Temperature of Ge Gen?
D. Sweet, Acrid, & Cool
Which of the following is not the function of Chai Hu?
C. Discharges Exterior Dx & Vents Measles
Which of the following is not the function of Shi Gao?
C. Enriches Yin & Moistens Dry Conditions
Shi Gao Clears Heat & Drains Fire, Clears Blazing ST Fire, used for Eczema, Burns, & Ulcerated Sores.
Which of the following is not the function of Tian Hua Fen?
B. Promotes Urination & Clears Damp Heat
Tian Hua Fen Drains Heat & Generates Fluids, Resolves Toxicity & Expels Pus, Transforms Phlegm & Moistens LU Dryness
Which of the following is not the function of Jue Ming Zi?
B. Clears Heat & Generates Fluids
Jue Ming Zi Clears the LR & Eyes, Moistens Intestine & Unblocks Bowels, Calms LR & Anchors Yang Rising
Which of the following condition is Jue Ming Zi not used for?
D. Dysenteric Disorders
Jue Ming Zi used for HTN, Benefits Eyes, & Dizziness.
Shi Gao is commonly combines with Zhi Mu. Which of the following condition could not be used for?
B. Loose Stools
- Shi Gao used for Excess in Qi Level of Dx or for Yang Ming Channel Stage of Dx when combined with Zhi Mu; ST Fire, Excess Heat in LU- Pneumonia, Eczema, Burns, Ulcerated Sores
- Zhi Mu used for Yang Ming Channel Stage Dx when used with Shi Gao; enriches Yin & Moistens Dry; Generates fluids & Clears Heat. CI= COLD FROM SP & ST DEF, DIARRHEA
Zhi Zi is commonly combined with Dan Dou Chi. Which of the following condition this combination not used for?
D. Irregular Menstruation
Zhi Zi, when combined with Dan Dou Chi, used for Heat Patterns (LR Heat Patterns): Insomnia, Irritability, Restlessness.
Which of the following herbs is not used for Clearing Heart Heat for Irritability?
B. Shi Gao- LU, ST
- Dan Zhi Ye- HT, SI, ST
- Lian Zi Xin- HT, PC
- Zhi Zi- HT, LR, LU, ST, SJ
Which of the following is not used for Dizziness?
B. Bo He
Which of the following herbs is not used for Sore Throat?
C. Ju Hua
- Ju Hua- Sweet, Bitter, Slightly Cold- LU, LR (Eyes)
- Expels Wind, Clears Heat, Detoxifies, Clear LR Heat, Brighten Eyes, Extinguish Internal Wind, Cools Bld, Stops Bleeding, Dizziness, H/A, Eye Problems