- Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith
- Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
- Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be
- circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
- Christ is become of no effect unto you,
- whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
- For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of
- righteousness by faith.
- For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision
- availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
- Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye
- should not obey the truth?
- This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth
A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
- I have confidence in you through the Lord, that
- ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.
- And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision,
- why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.
- I would they were even cut off which trouble
- For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty;
- only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one
- For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even
- in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
- But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed
- that ye be not consumed one of another.
- This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye
- shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
- But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under
- the law.
- Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which
- are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
- Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance,
- emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
- Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and
- such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time
- past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,
- longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
- Meekness, temperance: against such there is no
- And they that are Christ’s have crucified the
- flesh with the affections and lusts.
- If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in
- the Spirit.
- Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking
- one another, envying one another.